Security & Privacy
Careers Connections International Pty Ltd is a member of the Recruitment Industry Privacy Code by virtue of its membership of the Recruitment & Consultants Services Association (RCSA).
RCSA will be the Administrator of the Recruitment Industry Privacy Code. In the interim Careers Connections International Pty Ltd will be complying with National Privacy (Schedule 4 of the Act), as amended on the 14th of September 2006.
The Recruitment Industry Privacy Code applies to the collection, use, security and disclosure of personal information in the practice of recruitment. The practice of recruitment involves the placement of candidates and contractors in positions of employment with clients and the management of contractors.
On request a copy of Recruitment Industry Privacy Code and any relevant explanatory material will be made available to you. To obtain a copy, contact Paul Van Der Leeden on (02) 8741 0432 or email email@example.com.
Arrangements For Privacy Compliance
The type of personal information we collect and hold:
The personal information we collect is personal information related to the practice of recruitment including:
- The personal information of candidates and contractors collected in the course of the recruitment and management process including information collected and recorded from the practice of reference checking.
- All that personal information that is normally required to be transferred between an employee and an employer in the context of an employment relationship, including but not limited to tax file number, banking details and information that might be relevant to a workers compensation claim.
We only seek to collect sensitive information when it is necessary for a client assignment. In such cases, we would only do so with the consent of a candidate or contractor, or if required by law or if necessary in connection with a legal or equitable claim.
The Purposes For Which We Collect Personal Information
We collect the personal information of candidates or contractors for the following purposes:
- To provide clients with a comprehensive understanding of their skills and experience.
- To provide clients with an independent verification of their skills and experience.
- To provide clients with an assessment of their suitability for a position we are seeking to fill on a client’s behalf.
The Purposes For Which We Hold Personal Information
We generally hold personal information of candidates or contractors for the following purposes:
- For the production of an assessment for a client for a position we are seeking to fill on their behalf.
- For an assessment of suitability for a position that may become available in the future.
- For industry research and analysis.
How We Collect Personal Information
We obtain most of the personal information we collect about candidates or contractors from them directly. Normally, when they apply for a position we are seeking to fill on behalf of a client, they will provide to us a resume of their skills and experience.
We may also seek personal information from the referees they provide or from other persons who are known to them.
Sometimes, we may ask to collect particular personal information about a candidate or contractor from third parties other than referees. Unless we have already done so, when or before we collect such information, we will take reasonable steps to inform you of:
- The purposes for which the information is collected;
- Where applicable, any law requiring the information to be collected, and
- The main consequences if all or part of the information is not provided.
Generally we will only collect sensitive information about a candidate or contractor, such as information relating to their health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs and membership of unions or professional associations, with their prior consent.
How We Hold Personal Information
Generally, we hold the personal information of a candidate or contractor in a combination of computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records.
These facilities and records are located at Level 3, 12 Railway Parade, BURWOOD,NSW 2043.
These documents are securely stored in a High Security Demilitarized Zone, Firewall protected Server with multi layered password protection. Any paper based documentation is stored under at least 2 locking devices (Double protected filing cabinets etc.). Our premises are secured by a sophisticated, back to base security system.
How We Use And Disclose Personal Information
Obtaining your consent to disclose:
Sometimes we will ask candidates and contractors to consent to a disclosure or use of their personal information to clients. We may do so in writing via email, over the phone or on our website. At other times, where they have indicated to us that they wish to be considered for positions generally or within certain parameters, their consent will be taken as given.
We may use or disclose personal information without consent where:
- we reasonably believe it is necessary to assist an enforcement body to perform its functions
- we suspect that an unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter
- we reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- we are authorised or required by law to do so (e.g. where the information is required by bodies regulating us or in response to subpoenas or warrants)
- we have contracted an external organisation to provide support services and that organisation has agreed to conform to our privacy standards. Careers Connections International is an iProfile compatible organisation.
Disclosing your personal information to others:
We do not disclose the personal information of candidates or contractor to others, except where it is:
- to a company related to us
- to organisations which provide services (such as psychometric testing) to us
- with the consent of the candidate or contractor or such consent may be presumed (as defined above)
- necessary to do so in order to advance the interests of a candidate with a client
- required by law
How to obtain access and make corrections to personal information:
A candidate or contractor who requests it can gain access to the personal information we hold about them by making application for access to our Privacy Compliance Manager.
If the granting of access results in the identification of information that is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, generally, we will make corrections to the information.
We will respond to the request as quickly as possible, but not more than 14 days after the request has been made.
The Privacy Amendment [Private Sector] Act 2000 provides that a company may require the applicant to meet the reasonable costs of providing this access. Our company's charge for this service is $175.00 + GST.
How To Make A Complaint
If a candidate or a contractor has a complaint about how our company is handling their personal information they should direct that complaint to our Privacy Compliance Manager. We will respond to the complaint as quickly as possible but not more than 28 days after the complaint has been made.
If they are not satisfied with the response or outcome of that enquiry, they should raise the complaint and our response to it with the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner. The Office is located at Level 8, Piccadilly Tower, 133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000 (Telephone Number 1300 363 992).
The Federal Privacy Commissioner, who is also the Code Adjudicator, is responsible for accepting, investigating and making a decision on a complaint under the Recruitment Industry Privacy Code.